Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Letter I Wrote To My Kids For Christmas on 2009

                                                        
Part 1                                  

Have you notice that each year it feels less and lesser like Christmas???????

It’s so sad because the joy and all the magic that Christmas brings seems to be strangled with all the bad things that surrounds us. Families become more
distant because of the circumstances and numbed at all the drastic changes.  I know I’m not a modelo of a parent but the older I get the more I find myself holding on to those things that have the most value; I don’t show it much but then again what do you say to your children when they are all adults?  I remember one particular Christmas I was bummed out and felt like I had no reason to celebrate such a glorious holiday and the Lord spoke to me and said “Nivea it’s not about you but it’s all about Me”.  I felt so ashamed. :(  I said “Yes Lord it has nothing to do with me and it is about you” and I started to count my many blessings.  You are all alive and healthy. I can hug and kiss you when ever I want; I can hear your voices and see your smiles.  I have wonderful daughters in-law … God has blessed me with awesome and God fearing wives for my sons.  I have sons that love me and think I’m the best mom on planet earth, lol.  I have a daughter tough as nails and yet at the touch of my hand she melts like butter. A hidden treasure in my grandchildren … they adorn my being.

No comments:

Post a Comment